No, allowing third party apps on your encrypted device compromises the entire system. Sadly, popular smartphone apps present a major data liability. The permissions you grant to app developers means you are giving away your personal information, which they don’t always store securely. Sometimes they collect and sell this data as a routine function of their business model.
It’s also impossible to track how your data is shared once you have accepted the permissions policy to use the app. The safest thing is to use a hardened device that deliberately excludes third-party apps.
- Exclusive Security Measures: Our servers maintain a 99.9% uptime track record, and are engineered with DDoS Protection Services from Radware®. Security is strengthened with additional on-site safety measures including restricted access, video surveillance, emergency power systems, fire protection, fail-safe air-conditioning, and redundant internet connections.
- No storage: Your privacy can never be compromised as our proprietary servers are designed to not store anything beyond your username, activation date, and expiry date.
- No roster. If we included rosters like Off-the-Record Messaging (OTR) does, we would be storing your Contacts and Group Chat members. Further, with OTR the conversation is only partially deniable, and with ChatMail you have full deniability.
- High Availability: All applications and services are designed with high availability at the forefront. Having our own data center allows us to scale and increase our uptime without worrying about cost associated with outsourcing to third party data centers.
Both. ChatMail's multi-layer integrated encryption application safeguards your calls, messages, voice, group chats, camera and notes. ChatMail is only offered on locked-down devices that protect against hardware exploits. Our solution comes secured on either Blackberry® UEM or our custom security focused operating system, Renati.
- Proprietary Design: ChatMail Advanced Messaging & Parsing (CAMP) Protocol encompasses both our PGP and Elliptic Curve Cryptography.
- Provable Encryption: We offer live data extractions to prove that messages are individually encrypted and even we cannot see them. Everyone says they’re encrypted, but how do you really know?
- Private Data Center: ChatMail is hosted from a private state-of-the-art data center with round-the-clock security and security controls eliminating the risks associated with outsourcing to third-party data centers where maintenance, back-up protocols, and physical access are often unknown.
- PGP External Messaging: We were the first encrypted phone solution to parse PGP for messaging. We don’t control who you talk to or lock you into a single provider, offering 4096-bit PGP encryption for external conversations.
- Quality & Speed: No matter where you are in the world, ChatMail’s message delivery speed and call quality surpass the competition.
- Secure against MITM attacks: ChatMail utilises a custom designed man in the middle protection that operates seamlessly in the background. Preventing your communications from becoming compromised without your knowledge.
We offer two different types of device management solutions:
- Android For Work (AFW) powered by BlackBerry® Unified Endpoint Management (UEM). UEM allows our partners to secure publicly available off-the-shelf devices. For extra security, we do not run the virtual server instance of UEM on their cloud. We run our own self-hosted instance, in our own private data center, to prevent unauthorized access and intrusion. BlackBerry cannot push apps to a ChatMail device.
- Renati Mobile Device Management (RMDM) controls our custom hardened mobile operating system. Our in-house development team approaches gaps in mobile security by implementing a Zero Trust security framework. By changing how Android itself is architected we give clients the strongest security available for managed devices. RMDM uses no third-party software and is offered as an alternative to BlackBerry UEM.
- ChatMail forces you to use a strong password. Only the device associated with your backup can restore and only your password can retrieve the backup. You cannot access backups from anything other than a ChatMail device.
- We do not use rosters. We do not use group storage. We do not store email. We do not store chat messages.
- Contacts are sharded across databases and only the user of the device associated with the backup can access them. They are also encrypted by you and only you.
- If your device is lost, wiped or stolen, you will lose everything if you don't optionally back up your notes or contacts.
Our state-of-the-art data center is located at our high-tech Myntex headquarters in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. Canadian laws support human rights, privacy, encryption, and due process.
Our clients are privacy-cautious individuals and enterprises from virtually any vertical, located around world. The fact is that no person, and no firm, big or small, is immune to hacks.
From an individual perceptive, hackers often look for attractive targets such as politicians, media, influencers, and affluent individuals. ChatMail is supremely suited for professional services firms designed to protect and secure the interests of their stakeholders as well as project-management companies with remote teams requiring secure group collaboration. Data protection is a non-negotiable priority that for many companies is becoming increasingly required at the mobile level.
ChatMail is a custom engineered encrypted mobile communications solution, owned and operated by Myntex Inc., with headquarters in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. Myntex was co-founded in 2010 by Geoff Green, Chief Executive Officer and Chantel Duplantie, Chief Operating Officer. Green is a firm believer that everyone has the right to privacy, and he envisions a future in which technology empowers the masses through secure mobile solutions. Myntex has ensured the privacy of over 40,000 customers’— keeping its client’s mobile communications safe from security risks.